FOR SALE: Presidential Bed & Breakfast in Historic Plains, GA
Interest rates are on the rise: We have a solution. Owner financing @ 6 % interest.
Owner is offering financing: With approved credit the owner is offering the following:
01) Sales price $350,000
02) Minimum 35% down payment
03) 6% annual interest
04) 30 year amoritization
05) Balloon in 10 years
Please contact Licensed Realtor Rob Sales for more details.
Plains Bed and Breakfast in Historic Plains, Georgia
List Price: $350,000 | Price Per Square Foot: $106
This "Lifestyle Inn" is being sold furnished and is ready to be converted into a viable Bed & Breakfast Inn. The opportunities are unlimited and priced at a point that will allow the new owners the opportunity to take advantage of the multiple options that are available.
- Type: Hotel/Motel
- Year Built: 1910
- Beds: 5
- Baths: 6 (5 full & 1 half)
- Square Ft.: 3,313
- Lot Size Area: .47 acres
- Parking Spots: 6
- Heating: Central, Propane
- Cooling: Central Air, Electric
- County/Parish: Sumter
- Stories: 2
- Basement: Crawl Space
- Flooring: Carpet, Hardwood, Wood
- Security Features: None
- Fireplace: Yes
- Appliances: Some Electric Appliances, Some Gas Appliances, Cooktop, Dryer, Dishwasher, Disposal, Gas Water Heater, Microwave, Oven, Range, Refrigerator, Range Hood, Washer
- Sewer: City Sewer
- Water Source: City Water
- Utilities: Cable Available
- Construction Materials: Wood Siding
- Roof: Metal
- Foundation Details: Pillar/Post/Pier, Raised
- Property Attached: No
- Homeowners Association: No
- Special Listing Conditions: Standard
- Directions: From Americas, GA travel west for approximately 10 miles. Then you are in Plains, GA the home of Jimmy Carter. On right just past Billy Carter's service station, you will pass the Fire & Polic Station and immediately on the right you will find Plains Bed & Breakfast Inn.
- Other Structures: Other, Storage
- Current Use: Service Business
- Lease Considered: No
- Listing Terms: Cash, Conventional, 1031 Exchange
- Zoning: R-3 Res
- Zoning Details: Mixed Use
- Road Responsibility: Public/Maintained Road
- Possession: Close of Escrow
- Tax ID: 2601 40 40
- Tax Legal Description: H/L Church Street Bed & Breakfast Inn
The Story Behind Plains B&B, A Presidential Bed and Breakfast
If your dream has been to operate a bed and breakfast, check out this rare opportunity! This Victorian southern charmer located in Plains, Georgia, is available for purchase. This house is one of the oldest in town with as much history as this unique southern town, best known as the birthplace and lifelong home of President Jimmy Carter.
Built in 1910, this property boasts both original and upgraded characteristics. It has four bedrooms all with ensuites, 3 sitting rooms, a gorgeous dining room and updated eat-in kitchen, plus a utility room with a washer/dryer, sink and toilet. The house has ornate woodwork, stained glass windows, original tin ceilings, crystal chandeliers, a wraparound porch with swing and 17 white columns, 3 balconies, ADA compliant handicap accessible ramp in the back, a detached owner’s or mother-in-law suite, a storage building, and a partially fenced in back yard.
Located on a beautiful, shady lot just off main street in historic downtown Plains, you will be within walking distance of restaurants, museums, local boutiques, and antique stores. You’ll also be just across the street from President Carter’s 1976 campaign headquarters, in the old train station that marks the geographical center of town. President Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, dined almost weekly in this house for many years, and they also received countless VIP guests here. One of the bedrooms upstairs is called the “Conception Room,” where the future president’s parents reputedly stayed nine months before his birth.
This Listing Is Also Advertised On: