Prepare to indulge in an exquisite culinary experience at The Folkestone Inn, where the term "farm to table" simply doesn't do justice. Renowned for its mouthwatering breakfasts, this charming establishment has a rich history dating back to the early 1920s. Back then it was a rustic farmhouse nestled amidst sprawling cornfields, gardens, and pastures. Today, it retains much of its original farmhouse charm. Thus, it offers guests a true farmstead experience.
Legendary Farm-to-Table Breakfast
The key to The Folkestone Inn's legendary farm-to-table breakfast is its thriving garden. Brimming with fresh herbs and vegetables that add an extra burst of flavor to each dish. In addition, the kitchen is supplied with the freshest eggs courtesy of a beloved flock of approximately 50+ free-range chickens. Thereby creating an unparalleled breakfast experience.
Spacious Lawn & Fire Pit Seating
The cornfield, once a prominent feature, has now transformed into a spacious front lawn. Perfect for leisurely activities like frisbee or morning yoga sessions. Nearby, handcrafted chairs by local artisans encircle a captivating fire pit. This frequently becomes the center of evening gatherings.
Nearby Attractions and Activities
The Folkestone Inn is conveniently located just a stone's throw away from downtown Bryson City. Thus, providing easy access to various attractions and activities. Here are a few highlights:
- Great Smoky Railroad: As you journey to The Folkestone Inn, you'll pass by the Great Smoky Railroad's passenger on and off ramp. This impressive railroad features a 53-mile track adorned with two tunnels and 25 bridges. Therefore, this is a must-visit tourist destination in Western North Carolina for individuals of all ages.
- Cherokee Indian Reservation: Only 10 miles away (a convenient 20-minute drive) from the inn. The Cherokee Indian Reservation offers cultural experiences and tourist attractions, including the excitement of Cherokee Casinos.
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park's Deep Creek Recreational Area: A brief walk from The Folkestone Inn will lead you to this stunning locale within the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. This Deep Creek Recreational Area features three pristine waterfalls. Moreover, there are several activities. First, there are scenic hiking and walking trails to explore. Second, there are opportunities for native trout fishing. Third, there are exhilarating tubing adventures down Deep Creek.
Environmentally Conscious Approach
For environmentally conscious buyers who appreciate green initiatives, The Folkestone Inn is an ideal choice. Thus, the inn minimizes food waste by utilizing it to feed the "Free Ranging" chickens, who roam freely during the day and return to their chicken house each evening. Additionally, all meat proteins, including bacon, sausage, and ham, are cured and smoked in-house. Therefore this ensures a unique and exceptional dining experience.
Directions to The Folkestone Inn
To reach The Folkestone Inn, follow these directions:
- First, enter Bryson City and make your way onto Everett Street.
- Second, cross the bridge and continue towards the train station.
The Folkestone Inn
Situated only 2.5 miles from downtown Bryson City, The Folkestone Inn has thrived as a successful bed and breakfast for an impressive 44 years. Moreover, the property also features separate owners' quarters with a private entrance, complete with two bedrooms for added comfort and privacy.
Licensed Realtor Rob Sales is the Listing Agent for this property. Please reach out to him for more information. Rob formerly owned and operated successful B&B inns with his wife, Jane. Rob has been in the real estate industry for several decades. Thus, his specialty is in hospitality real estate properties. Contact Rob today.