Breakfast recipes that are beautiful to look at, as well as delicious to taste, can be found in Sarabeth's Good Morning Cookbook, a bestselling cookbook on Amazon. Legendary New York City baker and restaurateur Sarabeth Levine shares her most beloved breakfast and brunch recipes. The only thing better than brunch at one of Sarabeth’s restaurants is brunch in her home. In this must-have collection of more than 130 classic morning recipes, Sarabeth delivers the comforting dishes she makes for family and friends, from fluffy scrambled eggs to warm sticky buns.
Sarabeth's Good Morning Cookbook
A comprehensive guide to morning meals, this beautifully photographed book covers the dishes everyone desires. Sarabeth’s signature pancakes and muffins are quick enough for weekdays, while her quiches and coffee cakes are guaranteed to impress weekend guests.
In addition to her sophisticated twists on the standards, Sarabeth surprises with such innovative breakfast treats as morning cookies. The foolproof recipes come with technique tips and make-ahead instructions to make entertaining effortless.
Sarahbeth Levine is the founder and creative force behind the Sarabeth's restaurants and bakeries. Over thirty-five years ago, she launched her first restaurant’s wildly popular weekend brunch. Today, morning lines still snake around the block at her New York City locations, as well as at her Florida and Japan outposts. Her fans will be thrilled to re-create the warmth and joy of brunch at Sarabeth’s with recipes designed for home cooks.
Her award-winning line of Legendary Spreadable Fruits and specialty food products are sold in thousands of stores throughout the United States and abroad. Sarabeth has earned the James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef and has been featured in numerous publications, including the New York Times, Bon Appetit, and Food & Wine.
Apple Cider French Toast with Streusel
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. superfine sugar
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter melted & cooled
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 12 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups fresh apple cider
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large loaf of tender white bread cut into 8 (1-inch thick) slices, then cut diagonally in half
- Softened butter as needed
- Softened unsalted butter
- Warm pure maple syrup
- Sliced bananas
- Walnuts toasted & chopped, optional
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Thoroughly heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- To make the streusel: Whisk the flour, brown sugar, superfine sugar, cinnamon, & nutmeg in a medium bowl. Mix in the butter and vanilla with your fingertips until combined and crumbly. Transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- To make the French toast: In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cider, vanilla, & nutmeg. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve in a shallow bowl.
- Pierce the bread slices all over with a fork. Add a few bread slices to the egg mixture and turn until evenly soaked. Transfer to the dish with the streusel and coat both sides of each slice, patting to help the streusel adhere.
- Brush the griddle or skillet with clarified butter. Add the slices of bread in a single layer, spacing them 1 inch apart, and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until the other sides are golden, 2 to 3 more minutes. Stand each piece of French toast on its cut side and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a parchment paper-line half-sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining bread, egg mixture, and streusel.
- Bake the French Toast until slightly puffed and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately on warmed plates, passing around the softened butter, warm syrup, bananas, blueberries, and walnuts, if using, on the side.
More Delicious Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
We recommend Sarabeth's Good Morning Cookbook: Breakfast, Brunch, & Baking. Moreover, be sure to check out those breakfast & brunch recipe websites (links above).
Are you thinking about buying or selling a bed and breakfast inn located in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Georgia? Then contact B&B Consulting. Speak with Licensed Realtor & Broker Rob Sales in a complimentary consultation. Rob and his wife Jane successfully owned and operated B&B inns.