Fall is the season when the duration of daylight becomes noticeably shorter and the temperature cools considerably. One of its main features is the striking change in color for the leaves of deciduous trees as they prepare to shed. Popular culture in the United States associates Labor Day, the first Monday in September, as the end of summer and the start of autumn.
Attractive Fall Decor
Displaying fall seasonal decor can be inviting to guests. This especially welcomes returning guests who experience overnight stays at your inn during each season of the year.
Ideas for Your Inn's Fall Decor
- Acorns, dried plants, leaves, & pine cones
- Autumn centerpiece, vases, art, & stylish home accessories
- Fall fruits and vegetables in a bowl (ex: apples, pears, squash)
- Framed autumnal leaves on display
- Pops of color with flowers, accent pillows, and throw blankets
- Porch decor including colorful mums, hay bales, & a scarecrow wearing plaid
- Pumpkins as decor (you can display various colors and sizes)
- Table settings with seasonal themes (harvest, thankfulness, etc.)
- Welcoming autumn wreaths
Autumn Local Guest Activities
Be sure to promote local fall activities your guests can participate in. Depending on the location of your bed and breakfast, this list will be different. Perhaps you host your very own autumn-themed event on site.
Suggestions of Fall Activities
- Apple orchard, corn maze, or pumpkin patch
- Fall foliage tours
- Hiking or mountain climbing
- Scenic outdoor nature photography
- Tour famous local historic estates
Yummy Fall Recipes
The benefit of growing your own produce and/or supporting local farmers is that the food is fresher and less expensive since it is in season. Many innkeepers offer refreshments and desserts, in addition to serving gourmet breakfasts to guests.
5 Delicious Fall Recipes
1) Fall Leaf Cut Out Cookies (Katie from Made to Be a Momma)
2) Homemade Apple Cider (Sally's Baking Recipes)
3) Pumpkin Toffee Crunch Cake (Kara from I Scream for Buttercream)
4) Pumpkin Waffles with Trail-Mix Topping (Food Network)
5) Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Caramel Drizzle (Broma Bakery)
Promote Special Offers in the Fall
Fall is the perfect time of year to attract guests with seasonal offers. By offering something for a limited time, people are more urgent to book their stay (in order to take advantage of your unique offer).
Consider using a memorable seasonal theme, such as "Fall in Love Again", as a romance package. This could include tickets to a local festival or a tour of a nearby historic property.
Alternatively, this could be a play on words using your own inn's name and combining it with a seasonal term. As an example, The Orchard Inn could have the "Fall Orchard Package" (this combines the season with their name) and it could include tickets to a local apple orchard.
Dedicate part of your website content to feature your special offers. Be sure to share promotions in your email newsletters, as well as across social media. Don't forget spreading the word locally. Many people enjoy taking a vacation or enjoying a short break close by to where they live.
B & B Consulting
Are you looking to buy or sell a bed and breakfast inn? Rob Sales, a former B&B owner and innkeeper, is an experienced licensed realtor. B&B Consulting specializes in the sale of bed and breakfast properties. Contact Rob today!