A local vacation guide can skyrocket the success of your hospitality business. They market your local area, as well as endear readers to staying at your accommodations. Moreover, if people "opted onto your email list" to access your guide, you can repeatedly make it to their email inbox (unless they unsubscribe).
As a result, you can return regularly to remind them of their interest. We feature two B&B inns, as well as a B&B association, that each offer a local vacation guide or several "Top 5" lists. If you click any of the large orange titles below, it leads to their opt-in document.
The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant provides a local vacation guide to the Blue Ridge Mountain area of Chimney Rock in Western North Carolina. Thus, by establishing a guide to your local area, you can win the hearts of potential bed and breakfast guests. In addition, you can also connect with local area restaurants and attractions to provide the best recommendations. Perhaps your B&B will become their preferred inn to refer.
What is great about their "Top 5 lists" is that John Rutlege House Inn can see what people are clicking on. For example, they show the best of specific aspects of the Charleston area. For instance, Charleston offers fine art galleries. In addition, it is a dog-friendly town, with grand historic homes, and kid-friendly places.
By promoting their local Charleston area, they are giving valid reasons for guests to visit (and stay at their bed and breakfast accommodations). Moreover, with a charming town like Charleston, they can always add more "Top 5 lists" based on the observed interests of their guests.
The Historic Inns of Savannah is a group of six elegant inns in lovely Savannah, Georgia. As a group, they came together to produce this 37-page free downloadable local vacation guide "Planning Your Visit." As a result, they can all benefit. For example, each member inn is listed (in this order) on their association website. Furthermore, they each promote an accolade.
- The Marshall House "As Savannah's only remaining antebellum hotel, the Marshall House is a destination in itself. Built in 1851."
- Olde Harbour Inn "Originally a warehouse on the Savannah River, this all-suite property is pet-friendly and near Savannah's best restaurants."
- Eliza Thompson House "A private and peaceful historic home located on Jones Street near Savannah's beautiful Forsyth Park. Build in 1847."
- The Gastonian "Located in a classic Savannah residential neighborhood, these 2 historic mansions are romantic perfection."
- The Kehoe House "Discover old world charm & superior customer service in Savannah's #1 hotel, according to TripAdvisor reviews."
- East Bay Inn "Built in 1852, East Bay Inn boast spectacular high ceilings, gorgeous decor, and an excellent location near River Street."
Innkeepers & Hospitality Associations Should Offer Local Vacation Guides
Once you have permission to email someone, as long as they stay subscribed to your email list, your message goes directly into their email inbox. However, your content must always be both relevant and useful. B&B Consulting believes in always sharing information that your audience can benefit from. In addition, this minimizes your number of unsubscribe requests. We highly recommend you check out these guides as examples and inspiration to create your own unique guide!