It is easier than you think to earn free press for your B&B inn. Are you media-friendly? Why not make it easy for a journalist or reporter to do a story on your bed and breakfast? Create a press kit on your website. Consider asking, “Are you a journalist working on a story about inns or bed and breakfasts? We would love to help you with your story or article.”
Your Press Kit
- Amenities: a list of guest perks such as your private hot tub, fireplace, library, spa, garden, etc.
- Awards you and your B&B have received: from bed and breakfast associations, cooking contests won (perhaps for your incredibly delicious waffles), your AAA rating, your Better Business Bureau grade, etc.
- Current promotions: such as special packages and upcoming events (like weddings)
- High-resolution photos of the inside including the rooms as well as the outside of the bed and breakfast as well as the best breakfasts and other food you serve
- History of the bed and breakfast: location, the year it was built, original owners, type of architecture, date it became a bed and breakfast, etc.
- Information about the innkeepers/owners: where they are originally from, their career history, their hobbies, pets, kids, etc.
- Map of the area and nearby attractions to help with place branding
- Media contact‘s name, phone number, e-mail address (owner, innkeeper, public relations person for your B&B)
- Online guest reviews: share positive guest testimonials
- Press coverage: list of and link to articles in newspapers, magazines, online attention
- Social Media: promote where the media and guests can see more of your content online (like your Pinterest account)
- Videos made about your inn or ones that you have had filmed to promote your bed and breakfast
- Your blog can feature content about your B&B as well as your local area
Enhance Your Reputation
Anything that you think will enhance your reputation as providing exceptional hospitality, this is your opportunity to make it accessible for the press to report on it. Even curious potential guests will be impressed by it when they see it.
Earn Free Publicity
If you do not mind members of the press coming to your bed and breakfast to interview you and/or make a video, then be sure to state that on-site tours can be arranged. There is nothing better than free publicity! Then the press will not have to ask, “Are you media friendly?”
Looking to buy or sell your B&B? Needing advice on how to increase your inn’s profitability? Licensed Realtor Rob Sales is an experienced consultant with the experience of having owned and operated success B&B inns. Contact B&B Consulting today.