Stand out with the four U’s. We will focus on four concepts that all start with the letter “U” (which makes it unmistakably easy to remember). We share marketing ideas for your blogging, social media, email marketing, and calls to action. Each one features three examples to help you apply it to your hospitality accommodations. Thus, you will stand out as the place to go for B&B lodging.
Share what information will be of most help to your guests during their stay. Compel potential guests to visit by blogging about any of the following topics:
- “5 Award-Winning Restaurants Who Serve Incredibly Delicious Desserts”
- “7 Favorite Tourist Attractions You Should Really See in [Your Town]”
- “The Top 10 Reasons to Visit Your City)”
You can create urgency by sharing something limited by time. Let them know about a local event that only lasts for a few days. Alternatively, you can stand out across social media with a limited-time exclusive offer for guests.
- A Seasonal Promotion: “Fall in Love with the Colors”
- An Upcoming Holiday Special: “New Year, New You”
- Your New Romance Package: “Rekindle Our Spark”
Explain why your offer is so unique and valuable. Answer the question, “What’s in it for them?” Be sure to write compelling email subject lines if you do an email marketing campaign.
- Ask a curious attention-getting question: “When did you last treat yourself?” (emphasize that each person deserves pampering)
- Intrigue your readers: “Everyone remembers their first time…” (this could refer to the first time they stayed at a B&B)
- Make an announcement: “Announcement: Now Offering An Additional Free Night” (if they stay for 7 consecutive nights, your offer could be to charge only for 5 nights)
Get the attention of your readers by being ultra-specific. Know the dreams and desires of your ideal guests. Then, you can write effective calls to action. Calls to action always include a verb. Therefore, you can grow your email list (of subscribers) by offering information that your ideal guest values.
- “Click Here To Learn The Top 3 Relationships Secrets” (one of the secrets can be getting away to spend time together (at your B&B)
- “Get My Free Guide To [Your Local Area]” (note local area activities and attractions yet only feature your overnight accommodations)
- “Discover The Top Tips For Traveling With Dogs” (for inns that offer to also lodge our canine companions, you can also promote local pet-friendly restaurants)
Contact B&B Consulting if you are thinking of buying or selling your bed and breakfast inn. Rob Sales, a former B&B owner and innkeeper, is a Licensed Real Estate Agent in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.