Food holidays can be celebrated throughout the year. One way to vary your menu (and impress your bed and breakfast guests) is to prepare them food that is celebrated on certain food holidays! However, please note that some of the food holiday dates change each year. For instance, some are always celebrated on a certain day of the week (instead of the same date).
Bed & Breakfast Food Holidays
- 20: National Cheese Lovers Day
- 24: National Peanut Butter Day
- 30: National Croissant Day
- 16: National Almond Day
- 21: National Sticky Bun Day
- 23: National Banana Bread Day
- 1: National Fruit Compote Day
- 7: National Cereal Day
- 25: World Pecan Day
- 7: Coffee Cake Day
- 16: National Eggs Benedict Day
- 25: National Zucchini Bread Day
- 4: National Orange Juice Day
- 6: National Crepes Suzette Day
- 14: National Buttermilk Biscuit Day
- 3: National Egg Day
- 18: National Cherry Tart Day
- 21: National Peaches & Cream Day
- 5: National Apple Turnover Day
- 11: National Blueberry Muffin Day
- 27: National Crème Brulee Day
- 8: National Zucchini Day
- 24: National Waffle Day
- 30: National Toasted Marshmallow Day
- 4: International Bacon Day
- 16: National Cinnamon Raisin Bread Day
- 17: National Apple Dumpling Day
- 10: National Angel Food Cake Day
- 26: National Pumpkin Day
- 29: National Oatmeal Day
- 9: National Greek Yogurt Day
- 17: Homemade Bread Day
- 28: National French Toast Day
- 15: National Cupcake Day
- 17: National Maple Syrup Day
- 24: National Egg Nog Day
So, the wonderful thing about breakfast food holidays is that they correspond with the seasons of the year. Thus, it makes complete sense National Egg Nog Day is in the month of December!
Meanwhile, B&B innkeepers and chefs, how do you select your menus each day? Firstly, some of you receive inspiration from cookbooks. Secondly, others have tried and true family recipes. Lastly, some readers, who are overachievers, have even published their own cookbooks.
Local Farm Fresh Food
A big emphasis (and rightly so) is placed on buying local farm fresh food. Not only is it great that your food is prepared fresh in your kitchen, your bed and breakfast/restaurant supports your local community.
Your Local Area & Authentic Family Recipes
Furthermore, in addition to breakfast food holidays, if your bed and breakfast specializes in cooking a certain type of food, then by all means embrace that. For example, one deliciously distinctive type of cuisine is the Southern cooking cuisine. Thus, depending upon your bed and breakfast location and your family roots, your guests can enjoy a variety of delectable dishes authentic to your region and or your ancestry.
Feature your food holiday creations in your marketing, especially with photos in social media. Add the food holidays as a hashtag. For example, #NationalPancakeDay.
Bed and Breakfast Consulting
Rob Sales, former innkeeper turned licensed real estate professional and B&B Consultant hopes this helps you plan future menus. We help innkeepers buy and sell properties in the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. Contact us today!