Attract guests each season of the year. B&B Consulting shares ideas for displaying seasonal decorating and offering seasonal foods as well as guest activities and promotions. Inns stay top of mind with guests when they actively post on social media.
The items listed below are fairly easy to switch during the seasons. This encourages your guests to visit throughout the year because they will always have something different to see.
- Decorative boxes
- Flowers & plants
- Table settings
- Candles: peach, watermelon, pineapple, and coconut
- Colors: white, green, purple, sunny yellow
- Flowers & plants: daisy, geraniums, impatiens, lilies, marigolds, rhodendrons, vinca, & zinnia
- Green beans
- Porch swinging
- "Dog Days of Summer" (for pet-friendly accommodations)
- "Summer Sun Adventure"
- Candles: pumpkin spice, toasted marshmallow scent
- Colors: deep orange, red, yellow, rich blues & greens
- Flowers & plants: aster, begonia, calendula, chrystanthemum, petunia, sunflowers
- Butternut squash
- Sweet potatoes
- Apple orchard visiting
- Pumpkin picking
- Rock climbing
- "Autumn Leaves" (could include a fall foliage tour)
- "Fall Back in Love" (romance package)
- Candles: pine forest, apple, vanilla
- Colors: rich blue, green, red, purple, & yellow
- Flowers & plants: flowering kale, holly, ivy, narcissus, primrose, sweet pea, violets
- Ice fishing
- "Ski the Slopes" (if skiing is in your local area)
- "Winter Wonderland"
- Candles: notes of peonies, fresh rain and eucalyptus
- Colors: bright green, yellow, red and blue colors
- Flowers & plants: dianthus, hydrangea, lilacs, pansies, snapdragon, & tulips
- Mustard greens
- Baseball game
- Bird watching
- Mini golf
- "Have a Spring Fling" (a romance package)
- "Spring Forward"
Hopefully, this gives you some fun and practical ideas to attract guests each season. In a future blog post, we will be sharing ideas of ways to celebrate the various holidays throughout the year with your guests. You're welcome to contact Rob Sales of B&B Consulting. We're here to help you with your B&B real estate and B&B consulting needs.